2.02.2009

Cluj Marketplace / This Week in League Pass

Each Sunday, I'll highlight some of the league's transactions and look forward to the coming week's NBA schedule.

Last week's pick-ups to keep an eye on this week:
Screen continued to dominate the transaction scene, grabbing a number of interchangeable swingmen including Kelenna Azubuike, who he immediately dropped for Mickael Pietrus. Both these dudes were on the Warriors last year, and both have weird names, so I'm going to assume that he just got confused. For good measure, he picked up Raja Bell as well to really get a lock on black 2-guards with foreign-sounding names. Can someone trade Leandro Barbosa to this guy?
Speaking of useless guards, ex-Black Prez Mike Conley may have shed that label with the new Grizzlies coach apparently favoring him as the starter, and DeYoung has grabbed him hoping that translates into a bump in stats. Jonathans must think alike, because Bardey also grabbed a point guard (Rafer Alston) this week, presumably preferring his assists to Roger Mason's 3s. But with 7-point, 8-point, and 2-point efforts since his pick-up, he doesn't appear to be playable yet. Also notable on Bardey's roster is Monta Ellis's return (at long last) from a mo-ped injury, leading to a potentially crowded Fire Al Groh backcourt.

What I'll be watching this week on League Pass:
Monday: Blazers vs. Hornets. Portland is my go-to on any given night without a marquee match-up, and I'll always watch Chris Paul.

Tuesday: Raptors vs. Cavs. Two teams I've had relatively no interest in this season, but I just drafted LeBron and Bosh in the fantasy league I started with my students.

Wednesday: Nuggets vs. Thunder. I like this year's Nuggets, even beyond my fantasy guys, and I admit to being intrigued by the Thunder and Kevin Durant, who I have pretty much hated on since his Texas days but am starting to re-consider.

Thursday: Lakers vs. Celtics. Only three games happening, so might as well go with the classic match-up.

Friday: Hawks vs. Bobcats. The Hawks just missed my Power Rankings, and the Bobcats were #3.

Saturday: Step Outside. I don't like any of these games. Might have to leave the house. Ugh.

Sunday: Suns vs. Pistons. Kobe-LeBron is on earlier in the day (think the NBA schedulers realized that this was the first post-football Sunday?) but I'm more interested in seeing which of these two teams is going down in flames faster.

2 comments:

  1. The Chris Paul injury has shaken me. I'm giving up the nba to garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so melodramatic. he's got a strained muscle and will miss maybe one game. you know the rest of us have been dealing with injuries all year.

    ReplyDelete