2.07.2009

Black Prezodential Caucus

League Pass allows even the scrubbiest of scrubs national exposure, and quite often there are diamonds in the rough. Each Friday, the Black Prezodential Caucus will convene to consider the candidacy of a possible new Black Prezodent.

Tuesday night is movie night here in Brooklyn (that's right, Dev, we brought it back, and if you come up we can arrange a screening of "The Dream Team"), and this Tuesday we watched "Gunnin' for That #1 Spot," a documentary by Adam Yauch (Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys). The doc follows eight of the top high school ballers as they converge on Rucker Park in Harlem for the 2006 Elite 24 Hoops Classic. One of the featured players, Michael Beasley, is already a Black Prezodent, and the others are scattered throughout the NBA (Kevin Love, Jerryd Bayless), NCAA (Kyle Singler, Tyreke Evans) and Europe (Brandon Jennings). But one of these guys is still in high school, and despite being a sophomore when the rest of these guys were seniors, he holds his own in the game. I give you Brooklyn's own Lance Stephenson:


5 comments:

  1. where are my charts and figgers??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sovic, I have a feeling you're going to get a lot of comments like dois's. Damn that schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but the comments will only come from me and shoaf, clearly. alright, i'll throw beb in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After missing out/forgetting to make new year's resolutions, I've decided to come up with February resolutions for myself. This way if I don't live up to them I don't have to feel worthless all year ... only February will be ruined. And since it's a terrible month anyway, it's not such a big deal. Anyway, #3 on my list is to comment on every post. Sovic, if you weren't my rival I'd love your blog and your commitment. For now, I simply respect it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i guess that february is ruined, bdekk...

    ReplyDelete