3.23.2010

Tuesday Morning Dump

A quick daily look at last night's highs and lows.

Hot Shit: Anthony Tolliver, Unfrozen Caveman Bogut
.571 - .778 - 2 - 25 - 12 - 5 - 3 - 2
Originally this was my Shart for the day, but when you're one missed free throw away from a Super-Duper Octuplet, you're Hot Shit.

Loose Stool: Yi Jianlian, WWTMD
.250 - NA - 0 - 4 - 5 - 0 - 0 - 0
We've been talking about instituting a weekly Games or Transactions limit for next year's playoffs, but I've got a different idea. Just as Yahoo has an "Undroppable" list, we should create an "Unaddable" list of guys who have no business being on a fantasy roster unless they are some kind of last-minute, "I could use an extra player tonight" add. Yi Jianlian belongs on this list. 

Shart: Mehmet Okur, Noah's Ark
.500 - NA - 4 - 14 - 15 - 2 - 3 - 3
Another guy who was one cat away from a Super-Duper last night, I had to include him here. But the real Shart of the night was...

Chris Paul, WWTMD
.444 - NA - 3 - 11 - 0 - 3 - 1 - 0
You've got to be kidding me. He's playing?!? What the hell for?!? You're 8 1/2 games out of the last playoff spot! Collison and Thornton were doing fine! What makes it even worse is...


Hershey Squirts:
Brandon Jennings, Power Bottom & Jelly
.125 - NA - 0 - 2 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 0
Oh man, I must have picked on the fantasy gods in elementary school or something, because they are coming back at me with a vengeance. The day after Will upsets me in the first round, the injured superstar I loudly mocked him for acquiring starts playing again, and the guy he traded away for him just lays an absolute stinker. Look, gods of fantasy, I'm sorry I tree-topped you out of the four-square game or did that thing where I stepped on the back of your shoe when we were walking single-file to the cafeteria or whatever, but I'm getting fucked in all the other aspects of my life right now. I don't need it happening in this one, too!

OJ Mayo, Cowboys
.368 - 1.000 - 3 - 20 - 7 - 2 - 4 - 0

Anthony Morrow, Power Bottom & Jelly
.250 - NA - 1 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 1
The man of a thousand teams just realized that he's stuck on one that's out of the playoffs.

Derrick Rose, Bronxville BitchSmackers
.545 - .250 - 2 - 27 - 7 - 8 - 0 - 1

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a post. So, we've got a lot to cover here. Sovic, I normally never feel bad after a win...but I do feel a bit squeamish after beating you last week. It's not just the adds/drops (we're just playing with the system we set up...which is stupid and needs to be changed); mostly, it just sucks that your team was healthy all year, and then you got bashed with injuries, a freak ejection, and some shit piles from Durant and Westbrook on the last day. You win easily if that doesn't happen. I guess that's fantasy. On a side note, beating you in fantasy after you made fun of my trade...AND after BJ had a shit game AND after CP3 came back...it feels so good.
    As for Tolliver...holy shit. Until recently, he would have been on our "unaddable" list as a no name D-leaguer. But, he got nellied. Nice pickup, beb. However, beb, I feel that you are going to have to do a shit ton of adding to keep up with dekker this week. I know you don't want to drop the toney douglas's of the world; he's a great pickup...but he only plays 2 games this week. That's not going to cut it against Dekker. Dekker already has a 4 game advantage...and that's just for Monday and Tuesday. Lose your loyalty and play the game.
    Lastly, I added Yi for the week (not just for one game)...which is embarrassing in its own right. However, I am only keeping him for the week because I don't have any transactions left; he is awful and should be "unaddable." I'm trying to hope for a win this week, but unless Dois's boys get hurt, I'm screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I just noticed beb has just dropped jerebko for reggie williams...and then immediately dropped williams for delfino. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more thoughts in a bit, but i wanted williams for tomorrow but i couldn't fit his sf eligibility in my lineup, only had room for a guard. so that's why i did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nice job wasn't sarcastic. I was happy to see you get in the add/drop game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beb: Dekker just picked up Jarrett Jack. Your move...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jarrett Jack vs Jose Calderon is the matchup within the matchup the rest of the week. Not sure who starts, but whoever comes off the bench for the Raptors tends to do better. so weird. Although not as weird as their equally creepy photos on yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jack looks high as balls in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. speaking of looking high in yahoo photos....

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4639

    ReplyDelete
  9. Were you actually thinking of picking up DaJuan Summers? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. no i wasn't, but in my desperation i did glance at his player page.

    ReplyDelete