2.05.2011

Saturday Brunch Dump

A quick look at last night's highs and lows.

Hot Shit
Rudy Gay, Black Prezodents
8/20 - 9/11 - 1 - 11 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 26
Lots of worthy contenders here, but ultimately I went with my own guy. I leave it to you and your Comments to decide whether that's a legitimate judgement or self-centered bias. Other considerations included Elton Brand, Dwyane Wade, and, of course, Amir Johnson.

Loose Stool
Javale McGee, Black Prezodents
1/5 - 0/0 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 2

Shart
JJ Hickson, Uno Dos 3
11/21 - 9/10 - 0 - 15 - 2 - 0 - 1 - 31
This is the traditional Shart in the sense of a less-heralded guy posting a big line. It's probably NOT a good thing for the Cavs that JJ Hickson is getting 21 shots, but 31 and 15 is 31 and 15.

Andre Iguodala, Barbra Streisand
5/11 - 7/8 - 1 - 4 - 16 - 1 - 2 - 18
And this is a more untraditional Shart in that we're very used to seeing great lines from Iggy, but I was still pretty shocked to see 16 assists there. I read somewhere recently that Larry Brown Mo Cheeks Eddie Jordan Doug Collins planned on using him more as a point forward, so maybe numbers like this will become the norm. For now, I'm impressed.


Upper Decker
Deron Williams, I'm Optimus Prime
9/23 - 6/6 - 2 - 2 - 12 - 0 - 0 - 26
Can't blame Beb here, as Williams has missed the past several games and I think was a somewhat surprising start in this one, but still hurts to leave those stats on the bench.

3 comments:

  1. i think that'd a badass line by gay. didn't go check all the other guys' lines yet but considering you also gave yourself the loose stool i can't imagine there's too much bias going on.

    and i don't care what you say, i do blame beb. and i know he blames himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, of course, think Wade deserved it. But, I'm an amir fan as well. Sovic, was there sarcasm in you Amir hot shit? I couldn't tell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was sarcasm in the "of course," since Amir is not generally a Hot Shit candidate, but his line from friday night was valid HS material. If I hadn't already identified two Sharts I wanted to mention, he would have gone there.

    ReplyDelete