2.07.2011

Fuck Me...

This is the Browless Wonders.  I'd like to start a new weekly column called "fuck me" in which I go over the players which I've idiotically dropped at some point that are now being used to fuck me in my current match up.  This week, I face Old Man Whiteford, and two of my old friends: Jose Calderon and Andris Biedrins.
I drafted both of these players.  In Jose's case, I held on to him while he struggled through beginning of the season.  Finally fed up with his ineptitude (exacerbated by his timeshare with Jarrett Jack), I dropped him...just before Jack was traded to New Orleans.  Old Man Whiteford (really, Forshay), scooped him up opportunistically.  Last game, he had 19 assists.  Fuck me.
Andris actually pisses me off a bit more.  After a sluggish but promising start, Andris was ready to break out.  However, he got hurt...again (he missed most of last season with injury).  I retardedly held onto him for 3 weeks while he was hurt.  He came back...and sucked balls.  I tried to keep him on my team, but with other injuries, he had to go to free up roster space.  Recently, he started to get hot again in the categories in which he excels:  rebounds, blocks, fg% and steals.  Once again, Old Man Whiteford opportunistically picked him up.  On Jan 30th, he had 11 pts (on 5-7 fg), 10 rebs, 3 blocks and a steal.  Fuck me.

Will

3 comments:

  1. update...Biedrins was freaking awful last night. I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has nothing to do with will's post, but i'd rather post a Comment than write a whole new post:

    i'm at work, and can't really go through all of last night's performances to come up with a Morning Dump, but i'd like to note that andre miller's 7/11 fg, 13/13 ft, 27 pt, 11 ast, 6 reb, 4 st, 1 blk performance strikes me as awfully good. would also like to note that lamarcus aldridge scored 42 points last night to lead the blazers, now 4 games over .500, to a victory over the very good chicago bulls.
    by comparison, blake griffin had 21 points and 16 rebs on sunday, which are excellent numbers, but his team lost that game, their 31st loss of the season (to 19 wins). i will enjoy watching griffin in the all-star game, and hope he gets some ridiculous full-length alley-oops from chris paul and steve nash, but i can't help but feel that the case for lamarcus to be there instead is pretty strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will, if you add and drop every fringe guy 4 separate times each you are bound to have some of them put up a good game against you periodically. on the positive side, you lead the league in transactions every year, which is sort of cool i guess.

    as someone who was going against lamarcus and miller last night, watching that blazers bulls game was painful. also, despite my enormous man-crush on blake griffin i have to agree with sovic. i think lamarcus deserves it. he has brought his game to whole different level this year and he is carrying that team. with blake being a rookie it wouldn't feel like much of a snub. i have a feeling he will be in plenty of all star games over his career.

    ReplyDelete